- 26-Mar-2014 to 10-Aug-2014 (MST)
- CO, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
Packaging Operators are responsible for maintaining all stock inventories and pulling orders for manufacturing according to designated work orders.
• Cooperate with HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) manager to implement all regulatory requirements for plant operations.
• Oversee and maintain all stock inventories for warehouse daily.
• Follow daily manufacturing work orders giving special attention to various materials.
• Maneuver heavy materials with the use of fork lift, pallet and hand truck as required.
• Unload shipping trucks as required.
• Maintain and ensure all machines are functioning according to established work standards.
• Assist shipping area with package procedures as requested.
• Report any concerns or discrepancies to management.
• Maintain tools, gages and equipment in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
• Comply with company policies and procedures giving special attention to safety regulations.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Degree: High School diploma or GED and any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Prior experience in packaging and/or operations preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Basic understanding of systems, operations, packaging and other facilities operations.
• Basic Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
• General office procedures, policies and practices, as well as basic knowledge of computer and other general office equipment.
• Basic understanding of facility operations and maintenance.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Using a PC with basic level proficiency in document/file management, word-processing, database management, email usage and Internet browsers.
• Correct English usage, including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and vocabulary. Communicating clearly and effectively in English, orally and in writing.
• Organizing work, setting priorities, meeting critical deadlines, and following up assignments independently.
• Using tact, discretion, initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of individuals.
• Ability to speak effectively before public groups and respond to questions.
• Ability to operate effectively in a team environment.
• Ability to multitask and be flexible.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and so forth.
• Ability to maintain a courteous and helpful manner in dealing employees and with the public.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
• Simple Office Equipment; equipment requiring involved set up, adjustments and operational procedures (e.g. personal computer, scanners and digital copier, printer).
• Hand and power tools, specialty tools. Heavy- and light-duty equipment and vehicles, two-way radio, cellular phone, PDA.
• Software: MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook), Internet Explorer, Adobe, Great Plains.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL ABILITIES
• While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee is frequently required to walk, talk or hear. Employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; taste or smell, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Frequently required to use close and distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Work is performed frequently in both outdoor and indoor environments. Outdoor environments include exposures to summer and winter temperatures.
• Work environment occasionally involves exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles.
• Work environment occasionally involves exposure to high, precarious places, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and vibration.
• The employee's working conditions are typically moderately loud and occasionally very loud. Employee must be able to work schedules as assigned, including weekends, evenings and holidays, and must be available for call-out during emergencies, inclement weather or other critical events.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this specification. Any essential function or requirement of this class will be evaluated as necessary should an incumbent/applicant be unable to perform the function or requirement due to a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodation for the specific disability will be considered for the incumbent/applicant when possible.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!